TeraStor Back-Plane (Version 3.0)
Welcome to the Technical Wiki for the TeraStor Back-Plane (Version 3.0) Pod
Our line of TeraStor large storage pods currently embodies the essence of the Backblaze 3.0 design. The 4U high-density storage pod incorporates a superior chassis design and upgraded list of components, thus improving reliability and flexibility for large storage.
The TeraStor Backplane series utilizes backplane port multipliers in order to accommodate up to 45 SATA compatible hard drives. This is an inexpensive way to enhance flexibility while adding more hard drives to the standard motherboard. 45 Drives is excited to provide users with a cost-effective way to solve large storage problems.
Table Of Contents
Storage Pod Information
- Installing FlexRAID
- Installing Highpoint WebGUI on FreeNAS
- Hard Drive Serial Numbers in FreeNAS Web utility
- Storinator Wiring Diagram
- Identifying Hard Drives in Pod 2.0 and 3.0 series
- Using the Storinator in an Apple network
- Upgrading memory to 32 GB on X8SIL-O Motherboard
- X9SCM-F Mother Board Mean Time Between Failures
- Power Supply mean time between failures
- Wiring Diagrams for 760 Watt Zippy PSM-5760 Power Supplies
- Important Redundant Boot Drive Notice
- Mounting Rails
- Dimensions and Weight of the Back Blaze Storage Pods
- How to hot swap the redundant power supplies
- Are the storage drives hot swappable
- Properly Booting Back Blaze unit without using hardware raid
- Testing your power switch
- Best Practices to install less than 45 drives in storage pod
- Links to setting up a linux software RAID
- Growing your RAID size when you have less than 45drives in your pod
- What are the Steel rods used for with my Storage pod unit?
- What is the maximum size of the logo I can have on the storage pod?
- What is the correct RAID for me?, What usable space would be available and what is the fault tolerance of each RAID type
- What Hard Drives Should I buy?
- How Do I rebuild a Failed Redundant Boot drive?
- How Do I rebuild drive that has failed and has been hot swapped with a new one in my storage array?
- Power Consumption and estimated BTU/Hr output of a back blaze unit?