It is important to note that this list of operating systems is offered as a courtesy to our customers. We have tested these systems to verify that they work with our storage units. We do not, however, offically endorse or support any particular operating system. We have provided links to each of their respective websites for further information and support.
- CentOS 7 MATE is the default OS shipped on all new assembled units. This was updated from CentOS 6.6, utilizing the newer kernel & updated software.
- Debian This is an option for those who may wish to use it.
- FreeNAS FreeNAS is a FreeBSD based solution for Network Attached Storage. Solid NAS Storage Solution.
- Windows Server 2012 While Windows Server is not currently offered as one of the pre-installed options, it has been tested and is known to work with Windows Server 2012. We do ship the Windows driver CD's with all of the units we send out.
- FreeBSD While FreeBSD is not currently offered as one of the pre-installed options, it has been tested and is known to work.
- Rockstor The ultimate Linux and BTRFS based NAS operating system.
- Disclaimer - The information on this site is provided as a free support service. Protocase, and it's subsidiary company, 45 Drives, provides this support and guidance through this wiki, but can not be held responsible for any damage or loss of data that may occur through the use of any instructions found herein. Please use at your own risk.